For this moment the website is inactive,
The leaders are on a break.
Stéph and Arjan

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

For this moment the website is inactive,
The leaders are on a break.
Stéph and Arjan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Luffles Application
Nikurashii's Application EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:10 pm by ManiacAli

» Tylx's application
Nikurashii's Application EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 12:57 pm by Stéphy

» Eragangsterr's Application
Nikurashii's Application EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:36 pm by SerFluff

» [Application] Tarintus
Nikurashii's Application EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:15 pm by SerFluff

» Acceleratosaur's Application
Nikurashii's Application EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 pm by Stéphy

» Caligen's application
Nikurashii's Application EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 2:43 am by Stéphy

» Tom's Application
Nikurashii's Application EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:32 pm by Stéphy

» Differential's application
Nikurashii's Application EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:32 pm by Stéphy

» Boaters application
Nikurashii's Application EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:50 pm by SerFluff

Nikurashii's Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nikurashii's Application Empty Nikurashii's Application

Post by Nikuchi Fri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Personal info:

Name: Niklas
Nickname: Nick when speaking english, my name has a very.. swedish pronounciation.
Age/birthday: I almost wrote 24 but I realized I'm 25 now.. birthday's at 26th of February.
Female/male: Male

School/work?: I currently work relatively little, every other weekend from 4pm to around midnight and the following weekdays from around 2pm to 6pm (I may or may not be called in to work however), the weekday work might end soon though, not entirely sure how my schedule will look after that. This weekend happens to be a work weekend for me, so I might not be on that much to chat or reply during those hours.

Interests:
I collect and paint Warhammer 40k miniatures. Haven't gotten around to play the game yet but getting there. Takes a while (and a lot of money..) to build an entire army to play with. Although it saddens me to admit, I am absolutely 0% interested in Warhammer Fantasy. I don't know why, but that's the way it is :(

Music - I listen to EVERY genre except the darkest of metals and.. well RNB. I just recently took note of chiptune music, basically music made for retro games. There are artists who take it to the next level though, if you're interested check out Jake Kaufman on bandcamp. I recommend listening to the album FX4 - it's absolutely amazing (and free - it's on a "pay what you will" basis).
Gaming - BatMUD (really old textbased game, MUD stands for Multi User Dungeon, which is basically the ancestor to the more modern term MMORPG). Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Also pretty much anything RPG/jRPG or MMO, also e-sports. I actually don't play LoL (or any other moba), I can't stand the stress and toxicity of the community, nor do I find the game particularly fun - but it's some of the most entertaining sports casting I've ever watched :P

About me: Welp, I'm 25 now apparently. I currently work in retail but looking to get back into school and become a teacher, as I had to drop out due to not having a job during summer break. I'm rediculously introverted, which makes some people think I'm an idiot for working retail and wanting to become a teacher.. but I find it makes perfect sense :P
On that note however - I may come off as rather cold or.. you know.. distancing. I really don't want/mean it though, I just take a while to get used to talking to people - and EVERYONE is unique in that regard. Some people I just click with and I can talk to for hours on end, others I have to slowly get to know and be comfortable with. I hope this isn't an issue to anyone, I know a lot if not most maplers are generally outgoing and almost agressive in their socializing xD
Here's some stuff I like to talk about:
Dogs/cats - I've owned one dog that I had for about  half of my life, a border collie. Cats are just awesome and interesting.
Politics - I generally hate politics but damn does it make for good conversation. This is on the more serious side of things ofcourse.
Religion - I find religion, in theory, to be the most beautiful thing mankind has created (if you're religious, don't take that as an attack - I fully support freedom of religion). I love talking about all sorts of religion although I'm not that schooled on the subject, I just find it an amazing topic as long as the flaming is kept out.
Gaming related - I'm a lore buff, not so much with Maplestory to be honest, but I definitely enjoy discussing lore and mythology in general. If anyone here is a Warhammer 40k nerd and like to talk about it fer dayz.. marry me? :D

Maple related:
I'm a gigantic noob, just an FYI.

Main: I intend to main a shadower, currently in the 50's but I just made it yesterday. IGN is Nikuchi
Mules: TooPokey (lvl 71 shadower, I made this before the revamp and well.. I don't want dex :S). Alaitocian, 8x Xenon.

My view on illegal in game activities.. I'm one of those who just don't understand it to be honest. A buddy of mine at work is the opposite, and many a time have we locked horns because of this. But I've recently come to understand that some people just can't help it. They HAVE to break the game, they HAVE to cheat. It's like an addiction. Obviously, I don't condone such activities, but I do find it interesting that there are people like that.
And on that note, I've never had any run-ins with the law. I've also never broken any rules so I better not get banned :S

How long have you been playing Maplestory: I played GMS before it got region locked and I've played on EU a couple of times in the past. I've had to quit on those occasions because of prioritizing studies (almost failed high school at one point, and later I wanted to focus on my university studies). On one occasion I quit due to not having anyone to play with and struggling to contact people (introvert, as stated above). All in all, I must have played maple quite a lot.. but I never really got anywhere. Embarassing confessions include but are not limited to: Not having ever done a PQ (so sad, much wow). Never been 100+ on EU. Have no idea about current market values, events, how to gear up after 100 or even how to scroll/cube properly these days. I know where to find guides though, don't worry :)

Maple goals: Oh god.. let's shoot for the stars. I love this game, I really do, and as such I want to find a place that makes me want to play on a more.. permanent level. I want to hit all of those huge milestones like level 200 and killing all the fancy bosses. On a more down-to-earth note, I just want to play the game with cool people. I like grinding and struggling to upgrade my character. I like to do random things in game (which is probably why I never really got that far in the first place :P).

Moneymaking: I don't really, not yet.. last time I played I apparently gathered up a whole bunch of scrolls that should be worth quite a bit, I just gotta learn the prices and get into the merchanting business. This time around I can afford to get NX so that won't really be a problem.

What do I do when I'm online: For now I just grind and do quests, and I'm having a lot of fun. Ellinel academy was awesome although IMO mushroom kingdom was better, Rien(Rienna? I forget) strait, soon getting into the sky place with the giants and all the rats.. good times to be had! I just got back a couple of days ago and I've been getting into the events as well.. that star world badge is insanely good o.o

Guild related

Names of previous guilds: I was in a guild for a sweet but short time back when I played my pre-revamp Shadower (or chief dit as it were), unfortunately I forget the name. It was a really relaxed 18+ group of awesome guys and gals. I had to leave due to prioritizing studies over gaming.
Why do you want to join Absolution (your motivation)?: As implied in my mapling goals, this time around I intend (and actually have the free time) to stick around. I stalked the guild forums and read about all types of guilds. It came down to choosing between you guys and Fascination. I feel like I'd be more at home here. To be honest though, in the end, I just don't want to wind up quitting because I have nobody to play with, and you guys seem like a cool bunch.

Do you know anyone in Absolution?: I do not unfortunately.
Do you agree to our rules?
Yes, of course :P
I wonder though, has anyone ever said no here? :D I understand the need to ask the question, but it's funny to me, who would write out an application and say no? Yes, I'm weird.

In what way will you contribute to the guild?: Honestly, this is the tricky part for me. Not only because I'm a newbie ingame, but because I'm not the most talkative, cheery or humorous person at first glance. I DO joke, I DO talk and I really want to get to know people, it just takes people like me a while. I realize that with reiterating this so much, I may sound like some sad person without friends, I assure you that's not the case :P I'm cheery and talkative when I'm comfortable. I may lean towards preferring serious conversations over light and humorous ones, but there's room for both!
On a perhaps more related note though, I'm generous and kind (and modest), I love to help, to the best of my capabilities. I may or may not be able to for a while due to my nubletish nature, but give me a chance and I will eventually :)

How did you found us?: As stated somewhere above, I lurked around on the forums for a while before I started playing. When I first got here the applications were closed. I was pleasantly surprised to find them open today (I thought you weren't taking applications until the 13th or so).

Any other information you would like to add:
I have a beard.

This wall'o'text about to lay down the hurt, haha.. no? Sorry >.>

Nikuchi
Trial member
Trial member
Nikuchi

Back to top Go down

Nikurashii's Application Empty Re: Nikurashii's Application

Post by ManiacAli Fri May 08, 2015 3:32 pm

This needs a TLDR, i read it and i found it quite boring but i want to have a chat with you before i cast my vote, IGN: ManiacAli.

Yes we have denied people

ManiacAli
Junior Master
Junior Master
ManiacAli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuchi Fri May 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Thanks for the criticism, I like to write a bit too much and didn't realize just how big this got, sorry about that!

Also I know I'm not the funniest person, I tried to not force anything because I'd be out of my element <.<

As it is I'm just about to head to work, but I'll be back around midnight and online tomorrow during the day. I'll see if I can shorten it a bit when I get back :)

Nikuchi
Trial member
Trial member
Nikuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinny Fri May 08, 2015 3:59 pm

I honestly didn't mind as much. Yes, it's a long wall of text, but your English is really good o.O Haha. I like your application, but wouldn't mind to have a chat with you. I don't mind the introvert. I know how it feels, I'm a closed up person too untill I feel at home. I think you'll be a good fit for the guild and leaning towards a yes, but I'll give a definite vote once I've talked online.

Please hit me up on xVinnYx (main - should be online today for atleast several hours) or AvengeMyLink (link mule that needs to get to 120 Thounge smiley)

On a note, ex-Warhammer Fantasy player here! Never tried 40k, and quitted Fantasy about 9 years ago due to limited funds to invest into it. These days I play Flames of War, a WW2 tabletop strategy game similiar to 40k, just different setting/rules. Must say I really dig it, way more than Games Workshop's current rules set for Fantasy (I ended up buying an army, played 1 game and quit again - mainly due to my game club not having any interest in it any longer).

Vinny
Absolution Member
Absolution Member
Vinny

Back to top Go down

Post by SerFluff Fri May 08, 2015 4:29 pm

We could always use another noob and grow it into a Maple god to fight the good fight. Ghost

+1 from me.

EDIT: We have many introvert members and many which are extravert. Don't worry about it too much.

SerFluff
Junior Master
Junior Master
SerFluff

Back to top Go down

Post by Stéphy Fri May 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello,
i liked to read your application!
i hope we can have a chat before i cast my vote.
find me on iStéphy!

Stéphy
Boss Lady
Boss Lady
Stéphy

https://absolutionems.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ogalu Sat May 09, 2015 9:30 am

I Guess I Just Read My First book :D such a Massive text..
Still good English.. I would like To have a chat with You..
Normally I'm Online everyday so..
Whisp Me on axallus/axallis.
Cya later

ogalu
Absolution Member
Absolution Member
ogalu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuchi Sun May 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Haven't been able to catch any of you online yet (except that brief chat with ManiacAli and Stephy on friday night). I'll be on pretty much all day today so if you don't mind please let me know when you're online for that chat ^^

Edit: on IGN Nikuchi that is, but a reply here would work too. I'll try to whisper you guys every now and then too ofc.

Nikuchi
Trial member
Trial member
Nikuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by ManiacAli Sun May 10, 2015 2:45 pm

i'll be online all day but afk later on the night

ManiacAli
Junior Master
Junior Master
ManiacAli

Back to top Go down

Post by iPlayTeemo Mon May 11, 2015 3:12 am

quick question
which pokemon is your fave..and why is it Wobbuffet?

iPlayTeemo
Absolution Member
Absolution Member
iPlayTeemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuchi Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 am

Wobbuffet is clearly inferior to the hard-on-the-surface tsundere nature of Mawile.

Nikuchi
Trial member
Trial member
Nikuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by ogalu Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

Yes for Me! Very friendly Guy! Had a Nice talk with him!

ogalu
Absolution Member
Absolution Member
ogalu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikuchi Thu May 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Hello again!

I've recently been.. well, bummed out. About my class and a fatal alt management mistake (lost about 140m mesos) so my leveling has come to a halt. Shadower 2nd and 3rd job was just absolutely amazing, but fourth job skills are just so lackluster. I mean a hidden delay/CD on the main AoE skill.. I'm still using Savage Blow because it's just better at mobbing >_<

At any rate, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I'm pondering a reroll entirely - I might go with the Shade since it's open now, but I will have to do some research as to how the various classes play at 100+.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Nikuchi
Trial member
Trial member
Nikuchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Stéphy Thu May 14, 2015 9:53 pm

I see you try to interact with people,
so i'd like to give you a chance in the guild.
Find a master to be added (maniacalii, departures, imusicology or iStéphy)

Stéphy
Boss Lady
Boss Lady
Stéphy

https://absolutionems.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top